Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DAS - Worst shipping company ever

Seven weeks later and the car is finally in my driveway. Today was the end of a very long and quite frustrating saga.

Whenever I called and asked where my car was, Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS), would just say "It's on the truck". I finally had enough and told them if my car wasn't in Ottawa by Monday they could send it back and issue me a refund. And guess what? My car arrived on Monday. Or at least that's what Christina Santiago, the Customer Service Representative I was dealing with said. I immediately called the warehouse (Ottawa Sufferance Warehouse) and asked if my car had arrived and they told me that the car had arrived a week ago!!! When was DAS going to tell me, if I hadn't given them an ultimatum?

I strongly advise anyone considering vehicle shipping to avoid DAS. Both customer service and general logistical competence has been very poor in my experience.

As you can see from the previous post, DAS picked up a pristine car, but just look at the condition of the car when it arrived.

















I'm properly angry and will be filing a claim with them immediately. I specifically paid extra for a closed carrier and just look at the condition of the car I received. This is not acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment