Monday, April 11, 2011

Top End Rebuild - Day 5

Hardly worth chalking it up as an actual "Day" since I spent less than an hour on the car today. Thought of taking off the radiator for better access to the accessories but saw the oil cooler lines and said naah. Didn't feel like dealing with that mess today.

Put the front of the car on axle stands so I could creep under it and look at the exhaust. Can't figure out how to remove the damn thing. Luckily none of the bolts I did manage to remove were seized. Nevertheless, I can't even access the lower nuts. The workshop manual says you need to "lift" the engine - I say you can piss off. I'm not lifting the engine. I don't have the means to do that even if I wanted to.

Can the heads be removed with the exhaust manifold still attached? The driver's side looks even worse for clearance. How the hell do you remove the exhaust manifold.

No comments:

Post a Comment