Sunday, May 15, 2011

Top End Rebuild - Day 14

Not really worth chalking up as a "day" but I finally have both heads off the car. Had to disjoin the chain on both sides because of the seized guide rail pins. Day 14 marks 30hrs into the rebuild.

Took a bunch of photos of the heads, so that I can verify things are going back in the right way when it comes to timing the whole thing.

Now to find a machine shop to clean up the heads. I don't think I need any repair work done. The engine ran sweet before the rebuild - it was just the head gasket that was leaking.

Perhaps I should just have the valve stem seals replaced? Any suggestions on what sort of work I should have done for 22 year old heads with 60k miles on them?

































And this is our 3 year old peach tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment